During this workshop, the fundamentals of STEM, basic and advanced STEM imaging (HAADF, ABF, iDPC, and 4D STEM) as well as acquisition and analysis of electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) and energy-dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (EDX) data. This can also be an interesting event if you have experience acquiring STEM data, but you feel like you need to understand it better, or you have difficulties interpreting it.
All these concepts will be explored throughout December 15 by the speakers that are invited to the workshop:
- “STEM imaging, from basic to advanced”
María Varela del Arco, Departamento de Física de Materiales, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain.
- “EELS - fundamentals and core loss data analysis”
Sonia Estradé Albiol, Departament d'Electrònica de la Facultat de Fïsica de la Universitat de Barcelona, Spain.
- “Fundamentals of 4D Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy”
Gabriel Sánchez Santolino, Departamento de Física de Materiales, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain.
- “Nano-scale optics with fast electron spectroscopies”
Luiz Galvao Tizei, CNRS researcher at the Laboratory Physique des Solides (LPS), Université Paris-Saclay, France.
- “The study of dynamic processes in solution and solid-liquid interfaces inside an electron microscope”.
Patricia Abellán Baeza, CNRS researcher at the Institute of Materials Jean Rouxel (IMN), University of Nantes, France.
Visit the event’s website for more information, programme and registration!