NanoSpain 2019 in Barcelona, with the participation of many ICMABers!
The 16th edition of the NanoSpain Conference, annual appointment for experts in nanoscience and nanotechnologies, takes place at the Parc Científic of Barcelona on May 28-31, 2019. Many ICMABers are attending the conference, including Anna Laromaine as Invited Speaker, and Jaume Veciana as Advisory Board.
The NanoSpain conference series started in 2004 in San Sebastian, and is now a well-established meeting in Spain, which gathers research groups from different universities, institutes and companies in our country that are active in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology. This year 2019, the NanoSpain takes place in Barcelona, and is a good to opportunity for our reserachers to showcast their research.
The aim of NanoSpain is to strengthen partnerships and foster knowledge exchanges between researchers in nanoscience and nanotechnology, as well as to promote interdisciplinary discussions, not only within Spain but also among different groups from Southern Europe. Great importance is also given to the involvement of companies, to facilitate the transfer of new technologies - developed in laboratory - to the industrial world. New studies and applications will be discussed in a variety of fields, spanning medicine, biotechnology, toxicology, electronics, chemistry, optics and photonics, to mention only a few.
In order to organise the various sessions and to select contributions, the meeting will be structured in the following thematic lines, but interactions among them will be promoted:
|▪ Graphene & 2D materials|
|▪ NanoElectronics/Molecular Electronics|
|▪ Nanotoxicology and Nanosafety|
|▪ NEMS / MEMS|
|▪ Scanning Probe Microscopies (SPM)|
|▪ Scientific Policy|
|▪ Simulation at the nanoscale|
The current edition involves a number of researchers from ICMAB:
- Anna Laromaine (NN group): C. elegans a powerful screening biotool for nanotechnology (28 May)
Anna Laromaine will also be Chair of one session on 28 May.
- Angel Pérez del Pino (LASER group): Laser fabrication of nanocarbon-based hybrid electrodes for supercapacitors (30 May)
- Mariana Köber (NANOMOL group): Quatsomes: a novel, thermodynamically stable nanovesicle system (31 May)
- José Vidal-Gancedo (NANOMOL group): Radical Dendrimers. Synthesis, Characterization and Biomedical Applications (31 May)
- Víctor Fuentes: Resistive Switching of SrIrO3 thin films in the vicinity of a Metal Insulator Transition
- Sergi Martín Rio: Ferromagnetic Resonance and Inverse Spin Hall Effect in Permalloy/Pt bilayers
- Eulàlia Pujades-Otero: Interactions between conducting additives and redox couples dispersed in flow cell electrolytes
POSTER FLASH PRESENTATIONS
- Mónica Bernal: Nanostructuration in insulating La2Ni1-xMn1+xO6
- Pablo García Lebière: Fabrication of Reduced Graphene Oxide Supercapacitor Electrodes Through Easily-scalable Laser-method
- Hailin Wang: Epitaxial Thin Films of La2CoMnO6 and La2NiMnO6 Ordered Double Perovskites by Polymer Assisted Deposition
- Songbai Zhang: Polyphosphorhydrazone PROXYL radical dendrimers
- Jaume Veciana (CIBER-BBN, ICMAB-CSIC)
Find the full programme of the event at the following link: http://www.nanospainconf.org/2019/programme.php
- Hits: 1094