The ICMAB and CRAG invite the entire scientific community to the screening of the short documentary SCIENTIFILIA (25 minutes with credits, in Spanish with English subtitles), directed and produced by the Communication Manager at IBE (Institute of Evolutionary Biology) and Director of the documentary, Pilar Rodríguez. The film shows the secrets of the scientific profession through the eyes of four people dedicated to research, of different gender and position. Topics such as the presence of women in the world of science, freedom in research, job insecurity and the uniqueness of scientific work are discussed throughout the short film.
At the end of the projection and during the next 30 minutes, researchers from the CRAG and ICMAB centers, also of different gender and positions, will participate in a roundtable where the topics discussed in the film will be debated, with the aim of visualizing the gender gap in science as a real problem that affects us all. The confirmed speakers are:
- Pilar Rodríguez, Director of the SCIENTIFILIA documentary and Communication Manager at IBE
- Concepció Rovira, ICMAB Research Professor
- Juanjo López-Moya, CRAG Researcher
- Júlia Qüesta, CRAG Junior Group Leader
- Arántzazu González, ICMAB Ramón y Cajal Researcher, and member of AMIT-CAT (Associació de Dones Investigadores y Tecnòlogues)
The event will take place next Thursday, March 5, 2020, from 12 pm to 1:15 pm, at the CRAG Auditorium.
The event is organized by the CRAG Women in Science Committee, and by the ICMAB Gender Equality Committee.