Postdoc Position at ICMAB “Industrially manufacturing process for high temperature superconducting coated conductors technology”
The Superconducting Materials and Large Scale Nanostructures (SUMAN) group offers in the framework of the ERC-Advanced Grant "Ultrasupertape" and ERC-Proof-of-Concept "Impact" a Postdoctoral Position to work in the industrially manufacturing process for high temperature superconducting coated conductors. Apply for it!
Postdoc: “Industrially manufacturing process for high temperature superconducting coated conductors technology”
Coated conductors (CCs), known as the second generation of high temperature superconductors (2GHTS), have triggered broad and fruitful R&D efforts to ensure industrial scalability and enable wide market adoption. Some challenges currently limit the practical use of HTS conductors. First, the high cost / performance ratio imposed by the fabrication methods of kilometer-lengths epitaxial YBCO films. Second, the low throughput in the production of CCs which further leads to limitations in generating drastic cost reductions for CCs. Due to overall cost, today it remains complex to spread the potential of large-scale applications based on coated conductors.
The one-year and a half position is part of the ERC Proof of Concept Grant IMPACT aims to demonstrate validation of an ultrafast growth process of coated conductors as industrial scale-up. IMPACT combines low cost (CSD), high throughput (Transient Liquid Assisted ultrafast growth) and high performance (strained nanocomposites), by integrating additive manufacturing processes and digital printing, to deliver a commercially relevant and industry scalable manufacturing process for HTS CCs. At the end of IMPACT, we aim to capture value by having identified the commercial exploitation strategies of our technology.
REQUIREMENTS and VALUABLE MERITS
- PhD in physics, materials science or engineering
- Experience in YBCO superconducting materials and coated conductors
- Experience in preparation and characterization of oxide materials by chemical solution deposition on metallic substrates
- Experience and/or interest in technology transfer
- Experience and/or interest in market analysis and commercial feasibility studies
- High level in written/spoken English
- High motivation and good communication skills
- Scientific records will be considered in the evaluation
- Working aptitudes in a collaborative group.
Outstanding candidates should send their CV, academic grades certificate and reference letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recruitment process will be closed when a suitable candidate is found.
Related Topics: POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHERS